The first ever movie collaboration of Enteng Kabisote Vic Sotto and Tanging Ina Ai Ai Delas Alas in a film called "Enteng Ng Ina Mo" lead the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival in terms of the box office gross! On its first day, this movie entry from Star Cinema grossed a Php38.5 Million.
GMA and Imus Films fantasy movie "Panday 2" of Sen. Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. took the second spot as it grossed Php20 Million on its first day.
Meanwhile, the Kris Aquino-Dingdong Dantes horror flick again from Star Cinema which is "Segunda Mano" ranked third with Php18.25 Million on the first day.
The rankings of these three movies were unchanged on their second day.
Here is the box-office results of the 2011 Metro Manila Film Festival entries. Let's check it out:
FIRST DAY GROSS:
1. Enteng Ng Ina Mo – 38.5 million
2. Ang Panday 2 – 20 million
3. Segunda Mano – 18.25 million
4. My Househusband – 17.33 million
5. Shake Rattle & Roll 13 – 15.9 million
6. Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow – 10.1 million
7. Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story – 3 million
SECOND DAY GROSS:
1. Enteng ng Ina Mo - 30.46M (Total= 69M)
2. Panday 2 - 17.9M ( Total= 38M)
3. Segunda Mano - 17M (Total= 35M)
4. My Househusband - 12.7M (Total= 30M)
5. Shake Rattle and Roll 13 - 7M (Total= 22.9M)
6. Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow - 8.7M (Total= 18M)
7. Asiong Salonga - 2M (Total 5M)
The awarding ceremony of this exciting 2011 MMFF will be tonight, December 28, 2011 at Resorts World. A replay of it will be aired by ABS-CBN on their "Sunday's Best" TV special!